Myths About Stairlifts
- Our improved manufacturing processes and buying direct from the manufacturer make Acorn stairlifts more affordable than ever.
- Our stairlifts fit to the stairs not the wall so there's no additional work needed. We always try to use an existing power socket but you will need a power socket dedicated to the stairlift, so in some cases an electrician is required to fit one.
- You will be surprised at just how quiet our stairlifts are. Acorn's precisely manufactured rack and pinion drive mechanism provides exceptional levels of safety and amongst the smoothest & quietest system available. Running costs are low - just trickle charging a battery. Our on-demand technology means they only charge when they need to.
- Every 9 minutes an Acorn Stairlift is installed somewhere in the world, with most customers wishing they had bought one earlier. Stairlifts have never been so popular. Let your Acorn Stairlift take the strain of the stairs, while giving you the freedom to enjoy life to the full.
Must have features to look for
The controls of our stairlifts have been tested by the Arthritis Foundation
and awarded with the industry leading Ease-of-Use Commendation
Error code screen
Shows the status of the stairlift with a simple clear LED display.
Safety sensors that surround the stairlifts carriage
If the stairlift collides with an obstruction sensors around the carriage and foot rest stop the stairlift safely.
Swivel seat for easier access
The lockable swivel seat makes it easier and safer to get in and out of the stairlift at the top of the stairs.
Why choose Acorn Stairlifts in Australia?
- Our own highly skilled surveyors and installers service almost all of Australia. All our dealers, in more remote areas, are fully trained and certified.
- FastTrack® rail technology means industry leading installation times.
- A solution for most stairs - even the most complicated.
- Over 20 years stairlift experience & 100,000+ installations world-wide.
- Simple to use, low cost to run.
- All-year-round support.
- Fully licensed (where required) and Workcover accredited. QBCC Act Lic. No 1142127.
What our customers say
I have never written a testimonial for a company before, however I have been so impressed by the service of Acorn Stairlifts staff that I had to send a note of appreciation for the efficient, knowledgable, kind and speedy service.
They helped me by working hard to get a lift ordered and fitted in such a short time, therefore assisting my ill husband to return home.
I would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone.
B Ney - St Ives, NSW
All installed we are so happy with everything, cannot complain about the service, we are just so happy, you guys have made our Christmas.
M. Chadwick - Broadbeach, QLD
We would like to thank all representatives involved in the recent installation of our stairlift. We found them to be most courteous and efficient and we are extremely happy with the end result of the installation.
J & J Solomon - Newport, NSW
Your Technicians were fabulous today. They got straight into installing the chair stair lift and made sure we knew how to operate it. My Husband is delighted tonight he will be able to sleep in his own bed and have a shower in the morning.
Installing the chair stair lift also means we can stay in our Home for many more years to come. Many thanks to everyone at Acorn Stairlifts for their kindness and consideration. It is greatly appreciated.
G Whiting - Patterson Lakes, Victoria
I would like to advise how happy we are with your seviceman who came here last week to solve some problems we were having with our stairlift. He was so helpful and knowledgeable and solved our problems immediately.
He is a real asset to your company, should we experience any problems in the future we will request that he be the service person to help us.
R Schou - Bangor, NSW
I recently purchased an Acorn Stairlift, because of severe mobility problems, and am writing to you to express my complete satisfaction with everything concerning the installation.
My original telephone contact was handled in an efficient and friendly manner, the salesperson came when scheduled, was very thorough with his design for the installation, and most informative concerning the product.
The installation technician came at the time promised, installed the lift in a very neat and tidy manner, and gave us good insttructions concerning its operation. The stairlift works very well and avoids the pain formerly experienced when getting up the stairs into the house.
P Atherton - Svensson Heights, QLD
Hi, I'm writing this email to let you know how good a job you did at my parents house. They live in Newcastle and from the time we sent an enquiry on Friday night we had a person there on Monday who provided a quote and we had the stairlift installed on Wednesday. This was for a three level job. My parents were in real need to get this done and overwhelmed with the service and the quality of the work, nothing has been a problem. They have been constantly asking me to provide this feedback for them.
Thanks very much.
J Chisholm - Newcastle, NSW
My recent experience with the Sydney office of Acorn Stairlifts has been one of absolute satisfaction. I would particularly like to mention the sales coordinator for his consistent patience while stepping me through the process of selection suitability and purchase of our new curved stairlift. I had some out of the ordinary circumstances which complicated the process a little but his attention to detail and thorough explanations enabled a very successful outcome. Thank you also to the surveyor for the personal home visit to ensure a smooth liaison between states. I have worked in customer service roles most of my life and would like to congratulate Acorn Stairlifts with this well deserved feedback. I will not hesitate to highly recommend your company anytime. Many thanks.
C Jackson - O'Halloran Hill, SA
I originally discovered Acorn on the internet and was impressed by their website and being a family business. I made contact over the phone, the young lady who answered my call was polite and knowledgeable about their product. Following the prompt initial inspection and quote I rang the receptionist and advised we were desperate to have the lift, “no problem I will get on to the factory and see what we can do to help”, 5 minutes later, "all good we will install in a few days our service manager will ring back and confirm" (he did) and as we are an urgent case the stair lift was installed within the week. Their installation fellow was polite, efficient and cleaned up beautifully on completion , explained the operating systems , very very simple (nothing was too much trouble). The lift is working well and has improved our life overnight, wonderful. Hats off to a firm who are running a business the way it should be run.
I Hodgson - Moss Vale, NSW
I would like to thank all involved with helping me get my Stairlift. Your surveyor explained everything clearly and was very patient. The technician who installed our Stairlift worked very hard and was a pleasure to have in our home.
B Whant - Killarney Vale, NSW
What's the Ease-of-Use Commendation?
All Acorn Stairlifts have been designed from the ground up with ease of use and reliability in front of mind.
We understand that it is our core business interest to help our customers use their stairs again. We spent a lot of time speaking with our customers, getting their feedback on our product. We compiled the good and the bad and put together an action plan on how to better improve our product.
The Arthritis Foundation created the Ease-of-Use Program to encourage manufacturers to design user-friendly products and packaging that could be recommended to the millions of people living with arthritis.
The process begins with the manufacturer submitting a product to the Arthritis Foundation for an extensive scientific evaluation. The sole purpose of this evaluation is to determine, quite simply, how easy to use a given product is for people with arthritis. The testing process is as follows:
- When a product's submitted for test it gets evaluated under fail or pass conditions. These are set out according to product type. An example would be opening a lid on a medicine bottle or using the controls of a household kettle.
- An assessment then takes place simulating use by a person who has Arthritis to simulate use. This even extends to the opening of packaging from the initial purchase where applicable.
- Finally, a panel of eight testers who have moderate to severe arthritis are evaluated for torque, grip and endurance, muscle strength, pinch force and range of motion. They are asked to interact with the product as they normally would, they get to open and use the product, use its controls and following this an interview takes place by the group of scientists feedback is gathered in a real-world setting.
The scientists evaluation for the Arthritis foundation included the following:
What did this mean for us as a company?
At the moment we are the only stairlift companies to have been accredited with this award.
This award confirms that we are a pioneer in the industry, always striving to stay ahead, and to help our customers by providing the absolute best solution for their needs, and endorses our mission statement to become the Best Stairlift Company in the World.
Which Acorn Stairlifts are covered?
Both the Acorn 130 Straight Stairlift plus the Acorn 180 Curved Stairlift have been scientifically tested receiving the Ease-of-Use Commendation.
Any other stairlifts on the market with this?
Our stairlifts at the moment are the only ones to be given this award. At Acorn we constantly strive to improve our products as a direct manufacturer of stairlifts we are always looking at ways of how we can improve user experience and customer satisfaction.
Want to know more about the Arthritis Foundation?
For further details on the Ease-of-Use Commendation and the Arthritis Foundation, click here arthritis.org